Monday, February 22, 2010

2/22/2010 - Home!

Thanks to your prayers the rest of the chemo was uneventful. I was given a pint of blood and discharged Sunday afternoon, as expected. My body will continue to get weaker over the next couple of weeks (this is normal). I will most likely get blood and platelet transfusions every week, and I will be susceptible to infections. After my body hits bottom, my bone marrow will slowly produce the blood that is needed, and things should get back to normal over the next few weeks. Yay! We're getting to the end of the journey!

The flu season is still underway, so please pray that my family will be protected from the flu and H1N1 virus, and that I will be protected from any form of infection. My family and I truly appreciate your prayers.

Two of my dear sisters came over from Manila and Toronto to visit me for a couple of days. It is such a nice treat! As usual, my girls were showered with many toys and gifts. They had so much fun they nearly forgot all about homework! I can understand how difficult it is to resist such enjoyable distractions. Katie said they were in "toy heaven". :-)

It is my past my bedtime, so I will keep this short tonight. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am out of the hospital and doing fine. I will most likely not be able to update my blog until a few days later. I would like to spend as much time as I can with my sisters, then take care of stuff that has accumulated while I was in the hospital in addition to things I had already put off.

Thank you for your prayers and may God bless you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment