Saturday, December 25, 2010

12/25/2010 - Celebrations

My family and I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful and memorable Christmas and all the best blessings for the new year!

It is a real blessing to have family, friends and Christian brothers and sisters we don't even know praying for us during our challenging adventure and sending us well wishes.  From Thanksgiving to Christmas, you have often been in our prayers as we offer special thanks to God for all of you.  You continue to be one of the main reasons why we are able to enjoy our lives despite the circumstances.  You have contributed to my healing and my family's emotional and spiritual well-being all these months. This has been a long journey.  One that is physically and emotionally challenging, but one that is as easy as it could have been because of what you have done.  Once again, we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts and pray that God will richly bless you and your family.

My check-ups continue to be good.  The doctor has reduced my check-ups from once a week to once every two weeks.  I have less hives now, so he may start reducing my medication again next week.

Since my last blog entry, life has gotten from busy to busier, as I'm sure many of you have been experiencing.  In my case, life has been busy catching up with household stuff due to my prolonged "vacation" in the hospital.   I am not good with housekeeping and excellent in procrastinating when it comes to these things, so I will be playing catch up for a long time.  I have also been busy with celebrations - my favorite kind of busyness!  he! he!  Just thought I'd share some with you:

- My 100th day post-transplant (11/11/2010) came and went without any challenges.  So, we celebrated with my sister and friends who have been extra helpful during my recovery.  We had a multi-purpose party: 100th day post-transplant, thanking friends, birthdays and going away party for my sister!   Many good reasons to pig out! :-)

- Celebrating sisterhood.  My sister, Verna, came to help us out the last few months.  We will be forever grateful for her help, and thank God that she is in our lives.  Knowing that she will not be here with us for a long time, I have been busy enjoying her company while she was here.  Verna left for Manila on Thanksgiving day.  We miss her and look forward to her next visit.

- Friendships.  An old friend and former co-worker visited from Vancouver.  That was enough excuse to round up former coworkers and friends in the area. It is always nice to catch up with old friends.

- Thanksgiving day...so many reasons to be thankful (including you!), and more yummy food!  Need I say more? :-)

- Our 23rd wedding anniversary!  Rob and I have not been married 23 years, but we had two weddings - a civil wedding in St. John (one of the U.S. Virgin Islands) and a church wedding in Manila. We celebrate both every year, so technically it is our 23rd anniversary. ha! ha!  Did I say I love celebrations? :-)

- Family R&R.  We just came back from a short vacation a couple of days ago.  We went to Ventura county exploring Santa Barbara, Oxnard and vicinity.  It rained most of the time we were there, so instead of lounging by the beach, hiking in Channel Islands and sightseeing, we ended up lounging in the townhouse (rental), did some sightseeing and explored museums and Christmas spectacles in the area. There were many pleasant surprises, lots of laughter and much relaxation - very nice vacation!   As Douglas McArthur once said,  "(We) shall return."

- Christmas...a time to reflect on the reason for the season...a time to be busy looking for the best gifts and sending greetings to those who matter most in our lives.  It is the time of year when we celebrate Jesus, family and friends - relationships that enrich our lives on so many ways...God's gifts to us.

Once again, we wish you the best of the season and a happy new year.  Thank you for your love, your friendship, your prayers and your well wishes.  May God continue to bless you and your family!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Val!! I hope you are well. I haven't seen you posting since Christmas... I think about you often and you're always in my prayers! Hope to see you posting soon!

    ReplyDelete