Thursday, October 29, 2009

10/29/2009 - Answered Prayers

Good news! My mouth sore is getting better! Today is the first day I was able to have some solid food - not a lot, but at least I was able to get off my liquid diet. I am sure it will be well by my birthday! I am already thanking God for answering our prayers.

A few nights ago, I prayed really, really hard for my mouth sore to heal, and asked if God would grant me my birthday wish. I have no right to demand anything from the Almighty, but that He would grant my request through His grace and mercy. I was able to sleep better that night. When I woke up at 5am to use the bathroom, I looked at the mirror just to check how my mouth sore was doing. I was shocked at how much it improved in a few hours! I knew that it was God's healing hands that made it happen. Once again, I was overwhelmed by the goodness of God. Thank you all for your prayers! I know that God was moved by our prayers. At that time, I knew my mouth sore will get better in time for my birthday. I got so excited at the prospect of having good food for my birthday that I couldn't go back to sleep. I had visions of good food parading before my eyes - not really, but I enjoyed thinking of all the delicious food I can have again. Yum!

I have been going to my oncologist for my weekly check-up. When my blood count was low, they had to schedule a blood transfusion for me. It takes a few days to get the transfusion after the check-up. That's not a good thing for someone in my condition. Yesterday, I have started seeing the bone marrow transplant (BMT) doctor for follow-up consultation. When the BMT doctor saw that my blood count was low, she ordered a platelet and blood transfusion, and they were able to get it done the afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised to see how quickly they were able to facilitate everything at the City of Hope. The doctor also ordered my blood count to be checked twice a week with potential transfusion if the numbers are low. Right now, the goal is to get my blood count to go up high enough so that I can have my next round of chemo. I am presently considering having my chemo at the City of Hope because of how quickly they were able to get the blood transfusion done. I have checked out their hospital room and talked to some of the nurses there. Although they have smaller rooms than what I am used to, the one I saw was clean and provides enough room for me. They do not have wi-fi, but they do have dsl connection. The only downside is that I have to take whichever doctor happens to be assigned to do the rounds the week I am confined there. It may be my BMT doctor or someone else. That's just the way they do things there. Anyway, I still have time to decide.

Quick update on BMT: the insurance company has approved the cell matching to be done for all my siblings. The City of Hope has just sent out the kits, so we should know if there is a match in about 20 days.

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. Please continue to pray for my mouth sore, for my complete healing, and for my family and I to stay happy and positive throughout this journey. Also please pray that Rob and I can make the right decision on where to have my next round of chemo, and whether I should have a bone marrow transplant.

Thank you once again and may God bless you and your family!

3 comments:

  1. We thank You that you hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; You encourage them and You listen to their cry (Psalm 10:17). In the day, when Val cried out, You answered her, and strengthened her with strength in her soul (Psalm 138:3). Those who knows Your name will trust in You, for You, LORD have never forsaken those who seek You (Psalm 9:10). We call on You, O God, for You will answer us; give ear to us and hear our prayer (Psalm 17:6) as we continue to pray for Val:

    1. for her complete healing.
    2. for her white blood cells to increase.
    3. for You to increase her immune system so she won't become sickly.
    4. to completely heal her mouth sore so that she can enjoy the food and talk properly.
    5. for her family and herself to stay happy and positive throughout this journey.
    6. to continue to protect and shield them from any cold, or flu (swine flu - H1N1).
    7. to grant Rob and Val the gifts of wisdom, discernment, clarity, revalation, and peace of mind to make the right decision on where to have their next round of chemo and whether she should have a bone marrow transplant.
    8. and if it is Your will that she should have a bone marrow transplant, may you help her find the right match as soon as possible and that there won't be any complications.

    Thank you Lord that she can be filled with the joy of Your presence in every step she takes, because we know You are always with her and will never leave her nor forsake her. Give her strength when she is weary and the fullness of Your joy when she feels sad. We thank you that you are working powerfully in her life. Thank you for healing her, Lord Jesus. Thank you for loving her. You are our God and we will continue praising You all the days of our lives. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.

    -Achie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday, Val! We were planning to drop by kaso Nico is nursing a cough and a cold at ako naman ay may sinusitis. We are so glad that you are feeling better. God is truly good - have a wonderful birthday, Val! Love, Rico, Nini & Nico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Achie, thanks for the beautiful prayer!

    Nini, Rico and Nico, I am glad you didn't pay me a surprise visit, because you would have been disappointed to realize that I was not home. I appreciate the thought, though. It will be your birthday soon. Maybe I'll be the one to pay you all a visit then... Thanks for the greetings!

    ReplyDelete