Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7/28/1020 - Radiation, Day 2

The radiation machine was down this morning, so instead of getting three rounds of radiation today, I only got two. I will have a make up session on day 4.

Thankfully, the radiation went smoothly again today. I was a little tired after the first round, but felt better after taking a short nap. So far, so good. I am hopeful that the next two days will be as uneventful as today.

There were some minor side effects from the radiation. Some parts of my skin felt sore and they look like they got sunburned. The nurse gave me a gel to help it heal. I also get rashes everyday because of one of the medications. Thankfully, they don't itch. The doctor says I really need the medication, so they will keep giving it to me unless it makes me feel very uncomfortable. These minor side effects are okay with me. I am very thankful for how things are going.

A funny thing happened during my second radiation treatment today. While listening to Les Mis, I got really emotional when Eponine (Lea Salonga) sang "On My Own". I didn't know that the technicians were observing me from a small window to make sure I was okay. They got worried when they noticed that I was starting to cry. The speaker in the room went on and they quickly asked if everything was okay. I was a little embarrassed to tell them that everything was fine and that I just got emotional with the music. :-\

That is all for today. The best part of my day is about to begin. I can hear my girls' voices outside my room. Family time!

Thank you so very much for your prayers, and may God continue to bless you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment