Friday, July 30, 2010

7/30/2010 - Radiation, Day 4

I am supposed to be done with radiation treatments today. However, because the radiation machine was out of commission on Tuesday morning and this afternoon, some of my treatments were rescheduled. I have one more radiation treatment left. So far, I have tolerated the treatments well. I am very grateful that I did not have any serious side effects. My skin is darker now - free tanning! Wish it looks as good as a real tan, though. :-( I feel tired, but far from being fatigued. My appetite is not as good as it used to be, but I started with a big appetite anyway. ha! ha! My neighbors were kind enough to bring me some food a few times, and I totally enjoyed them. Overall, it has been such a blessing. Thank you for your prayers. God is answering our prayers everyday. God is so good!

I will have a radiation treatment tomorrow morning, followed by the first dose of chemo. The second dose will be given on Sunday. I am concerned about the side effects from chemo. Apparently, it may be harsh on the bladder. There may also be some jaw pain, hiccups and a loss of the sense of taste. Then, there's the usual risk of sore mouth and nausea.

On Monday and Tuesday, they will give me medication to suppress whatever is left of my my immune system. The doctor is thinking of giving me food via IV starting Monday, depending on my ability to eat regular food and to keep it down.

The big day is on Wednesday, when they give me the donor's stem cells. Then, it is anybody's guess as to how much rejection I will experience. This is the scariest part of the transplant for me. I try not to think of all the things that may go wrong. I just keep telling myself to take things one day at a time, and to pray for God's mercy throughout the process.

Please continue to pray for me and my family. Please pray that there will be minimal side effects from the remaining radiation and from chemo. Please also pray for extra strength, faith and grace for my family. Lastly, please pray that my body will be ready to receive the new stem cells, and that there will be minimal rejection.

Thank you so much for you prayers. May God continue to bless you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment