Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8/11/2010 - Feeling Better

I finally snapped out of my blahs, with a lot of help from your prayers, phone calls from old friends, visits from new ones, and some good news from the doctor.

It started a this weekend when I got a call from Weng, my college friend who now lives in Australia. It was such a nice surprise! Later that day, I also got a call from my college best friend, Jac, from Manila. She just found out about what I was going through from a chance meeting with my sister. It was so good to hear from her, and to be encouraged by her. Then, my college friend, Gina, called in the evening. Also a nice surprise. The only person who didn't call from our college group was Cynch, but then we've been writing each other quite a bit. I love my friends and I always thought that friendships are some of life's best gifts. That was a very special day for me.

I got more calls, texts and emails from family and friends that further improved my mood. Today, I got a visit from the music therapist. She is one of the few people in life that I've just met but felt like we've known each other a lifetime ago. We always had fun talking about anything and everything. I also had a nice visit from the social worker, a fellow foodie, so you can guess what we talked about.

The doctor gave me some good news. He said that my triglicerides seem to be going down so I do not need a plasma exchange. Yay! He also said that my cells may start recovering this weekend, and that if things continue going well, I may even be able to go home by the end of the month! Wow! That's 2 weeks sooner that I had expected. I hope there will only be minimal rejection and my blood count will go up quickly.

"Food! Glorious Food!" is a line from a Ice Age that keeps playing in my mind. I miss eating real food. The other day, when I was watching TV, I noticed that I was paying more attention to the food commercials than the show itself. (drool!) Even commercials for food I would not even think of eating (unhealthy fast food) looked so delicious. I tell myself, just a few more days... For now, my diet still consists of nutrients from a bag, and pure, clear water. Yum! :-\

Thank you so much for your prayers and may God bless you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment