Friday, August 13, 2010

8/13/2010 - Daily Miracles

I still feel out of sorts these days because of the diarrhea, hemorrhoids, bouts of nausea and gas. I told my nurse this morning how terrible I feel when all of the side effects strike at the same time. It felt like there's something wrong with my body, but I couldn't figure out what it is and what to do about it.

Then, she told me I am so lucky to feel the way I do. Huh? Apparently, most patients in my situation would have mouth sores, throwing up a lot, really bad diarrhea, and no energy to do anything. They are constantly in bed and feel terrible. Listening to her made me choke up. I realized then how blessed I am. Although the doctor kept telling me I am doing well, I was never quite sure whether he really meant it or whether he was just encouraging me. Now I know. Ahh! There, but for the grace of God go I. God is working miracles in my body everyday, and I did not fully realize it until now! I believe God is protecting and healing me everyday because He loves us and is granting our prayer requests. What a privilege to come to our God with our requests and know that our God is real, loving and almighty!

Sometimes, when I am feeling blah, I just start counting my blessings and realize that I have so much to be thankful for. I also realize that these temporary inconveniences will soon pass away. I think the sufferings we have in our lifetime never exceeds the joy of knowing the Lord and living under His care.

We are so blessed to be the children of the living God. To live under His care is to know that whatever happens to us, He is in control and He always has a higher purpose for our suffering. All I can say is Thy will be done!

Thank you so much for persevering with us through your prayers. May God continue to bless you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment