Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8/3/2010 - Getting Transplant Today

The stem cells arrived a day early, so they had to give me the transplant today. Yikes! Not that it made much difference, but I am just concerned about the effects of transplant. I should have more faith that all will go well, but I cannot shake all the warnings I have received from the nurse coordinator. They are always careful to explain to the patient about all the risks involved. I guess in this society where people and institutions can be sued for anything and everything, they are just doing their due diligence to prevent unnecessary lawsuits.

I remember a verse in the Psalms where David was praying for deliverance, and he was encouraged when he remembered how God had always delivered him in the past. I should learn to do the same. Just recently, God had protected me from the harsh effects of radiation and chemotherapy. I am sure he is also able to protect me from the negative effects of the transplant. Please pray that I will be given extra faith and strength for what I will be going through.

The transplant will be given in a couple of hours. So, I better get going. I want to make sure I get some exercise while I can, then I have a few phone calls to make, and I also want to spend more time with the Lord, my comfort, my rock and my salvation.

Thank you for your prayers and may God continue to bless you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment