Monday, August 23, 2010

8/23/2010 - Going Home Soon

Just when I think things can't get any better, God surprises me with more good news!  First, the doctor said I may be able to go home this weekend.  I was already ecstatic with the news.  Then, last Friday, the doctor changed it to this Friday.  Now, he just came in and said things are looking good and I may be able to go home this Thursday!  My heart is overflowing with gratitude.

God has been healing me everyday, working the miracle of rebirth in my body.  To me, the human body is still the most amazing "machine" ever built.  I do not understand all the things that go on in there, but I know the Designer knows exactly what needs to happen. 

I marvel at how He often defies human wisdom to show His power and sovereignty.  As I mentioned before, most transplant patients spend 4-6 weeks in the hospital after transplant.  In my case, I was warned that I may stay longer because I had an unrelated donor.  If I were to go home on Thursday, that would only have been 3 weeks and 2 days!  Amazing!

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.  Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21

Thank you all for your prayers that made this experience quite amazing.  May God continue to bless you and your family.

1 comment:

  1. "He anoints my head with oil, my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of the my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

    We rejoice with you, tita Val. Praise God!

    Vic

    ReplyDelete