Monday, September 14, 2009

9/14/09 - Getting Enough Rest

Five weeks is a long time to be away from home. It is really great to be home. The hard part is reminding myself that I am still sick and to stop myself from doing too much. I got a call this morning from Tita Seny who warned me about it, but at that time, I still didn't realize how big of a challenge it was going to be. By the end of the day, I knew that my biggest challenge in the coming weeks is to make sure I get enough rest. Time to ask for help. I asked my sister to be my police so I don't forget to rest.

I was able to bring my kids to school and pick them up. We also went to the supermarket to stock up on food, and got a new hat for myself from a store. The school is less than 5 minutes from our house and the stores are also just a short drive from our house. We're blessed to live in a quiet neighborhood that's conveniently located. In times like these, every convenience helps.

Just when I realized that I may be too tired to even prepare a simple dinner, we got a text message from Bessie saying that she'll be bringing us some pasta tonight. What a blessing! We all liked the pasta, too!

My hair is starting to grow back! I got tired of wearing a cap at home when the kids are around and finally convinced my daughters that it is not so bad to see their mommy without a cap. My hair is starting to look more like Rob's buzz cut. My sister, Verna, says that it reminds her of Chia Pets. Maybe if I water my scalp more often, my hair will grow faster? :-) And Bessie says that it makes her think of wheat grass. Anybody for a shot of fresh grown hair? :-)

That's it for today. Time to get some rest. Please continue to pray for me and my family. Thank you all for your prayers and may God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. I was out of circulation for a while, went home to attend Precious's wedding 9/12 and saw your mom, Vivian and Edmund too, plus the rest of your family. Your mom look well except that she need help now a days due to age, Edmund mentioned that he'll be coming soon to visit you you as well. I told your mom you are a strong person and will bounce back in no time and not to worry. Always trust in God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Richard. I'm very happy that you got to walk Precious down the aisle. Must have been quite emotional for you. My mom said that Melody is expecting - you'll be a grandfather soon! Both your girls are all grown up now. I'm not looking forward to my turn - I miss them already just thinking about it. :-(

    ReplyDelete