Thursday, September 3, 2009

9/3/09 - Still waiting

Nothing much has changed today. My ANC went up to 456, which is not significant because I am still at severe risk of infections. The white blood count actually went down a bit to 1.2, and my hemoglobin also went down a bit to 7.7. The doctor decided not to have a biopsy done just to see if I can be given a shot to get me home sooner. I agreed with the doctor, because as much as I would like to be home for Ellie's birthday, it's not that big of a deal. We do not have anything planned for the day, so instead of celebrating at home, we could just celebrate her birthday in the hospital if we need to. Besides, she will be spending most of her time at school that day, and her real "celebration" is not until the following weekend when she'll go roller skating.

I am still hopeful that my blood count and ANC will go up faster so I can go home by the 8th. God has his own timing, so I just have to be patient. Please keep praying for us. Thank you for all your prayers and may God bless you all!

5 comments:

  1. We lift our eyes to you Oh Lord. We touch the hem of your robe and receive healing. May you cause Val's body to produce more ANC so she could go home. Always keep her and her family under the shadow of your wings. We pray for her complete healing. In the mighty name of Jesus our Lord and creator we pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val. I agree with the doctor. you can't hurry up your numbers from going up. Slowly but
    surely is more like it. Your blog is very helpful to us who are praying for you. Our prayer is more detailed now. Regardless where you celebrate, greet Ellie for me. Met your mom in church last Sunday. Rest well. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremiah 17:14

    Heal me, O Lord,
    and I will be healed;
    save me and I will be saved,
    for You are the One I praise.

    Psalm 52:8-9
    ...I trust in God's unfailing love
    for ever and ever.

    I will praise You forever
    for what you have done;
    in Your name I will hope,
    for Your Name is good.
    I will praise You
    in the presence of your saints.

    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 27:13-14

    I am still confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.

    Wait for the Lord:
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.

    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr/Ms Anonymous, thank you for the very nice prayer. I appreciate it.

    Julie, so nice to hear from you. Thank you for your prayers.

    Thanks for the verses, Achie.

    ReplyDelete