Friday, September 18, 2009

9/18/2009 - Blood Test Results

I had another blood test at my doctor's office today. The white blood cell count has gone down to 1.9 and ANC down to 0.9 (neutropenic again). To increase my ANC, I was given another shot of Neupogen to boost the blood count. Another shot will be given on Monday, and another one on Tuesday. Boy, am I glad I didn't go on a diet before getting sick. Right now, I'm loving the fat in my tummy. No tummy tuck for me!

I am scheduled to have another blood test and biopsy next Thursday or Friday. Based on the result, the next chemo may start in a few days or in a week. The next chemo will be administered at home by a nurse.

We are still waiting for the appointment with the bone marrow transplant doctor to discuss the pros and cons of the procedure and hear his/her recommendation. We received the result of the cell match done with my sister. There is a 60-67% cell match. She cannot be a donor, because the City of Hope only allows 100% match for a bone marrow tranplant. This means that my brother and 4 other sisters may have to be tested for cell match. Each of them has 25% chance of being a cell match.

Please pray that my body and bone marrow will get stronger in preparation for the next chemo. Please also pray for my bone marrow's recovery, and that it will only produce good cells. My self-imposed curfew is coming up, so I'll have to end here.

Thank you all for your prayers and God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Valerie,
    As I read your blog I feel very encouraged by your positive attitude and such a heart for God.
    We at Arcadia Rotary club friends keep you in our thoughts and prayer. I am learning a lot from your blog and you are a wonderful person.
    God bless you and your family.
    Love, Imy Dulake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Imy,

    I am glad that you felt encouraged by my blog. My blog is just the instrument, but it is the work of the Holy Spirit.

    I look forward to joining you all again at the Rotary. Thank you all for your concern and prayers. May God bless you and your family, too.

    Love,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete