Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/09 - Still Here

Yes, I'm still here. I did not sleep well at all last night. Maybe I was too excited about going home. When I was rudely awakened by a housekeeping staff this morning, I was so tired my first thoughts were: Hey, I could be going home today. That means I have to pack. I think I'd rather sleep some more. Maybe that's why I'm still here. :-)

The numbers came down just a bit today, but my ANC went down to 600. My oncologist said that it is not uncommon to have fluctuations. Here's the next plan of action: at 7am tomorrow, if my ANC go back up to 1.0, I will be discharged. Otherwise, I will be having a biopsy. So, I will sleep early tonight, pray really hard, and hope that I will be going home tomorrow. I am already partially packed just to speed things up a bit - can't wait to get out of here! No offense to the wonderful people who work here and the nice facilities, but there's no place like home.

We had a repeat celebration for Ellie tonight in my room. This time, Katie and my sister were able to join us. Ellie was happy to have another chance to blow out the candles and make a wish. We had the birthday cake while watching Kung Fu Panda. It was another simple, but fun celebration. I am often surprised at how easy it is to please children. They are so precious.

That's it for today. Going to get ready for bed now. Please pray really hard that my numbers will go up again so that I will be able to go home tomorrow. Thank you all for your prayers and support, and may God bless you all!

3 comments:

  1. Psalm 30

    5 For His anger is but for a moment,
    His favor is for life;
    Weeping may endure for a night,
    But joy comes in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 John 3:21-22

    Dear friends,
    if our hearts do not condemn us,
    we have confidence before God
    and receive from Him anything we ask,
    because we obey His commands
    and do what pleases Him.

    Malachi 4:2

    But for you who revere My Name,
    the Sun of Righteousness
    will rise with healing in it's wings.
    And you will go out and leap
    like calves released from the stall.

    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr/Ms Anonymous and Achie, thank you.

    ReplyDelete