Monday, September 7, 2009

9/7/09 - Going up!

After the disappointing results yesterday, I was glad to hear that the numbers went up again today. White blood cells went up slightly to 1.3, ANCs went up to 500 (halfway there), and hemoglobin shot up to 9.8 thanks to the blood transfusion.

The doctors finally agreed to stop the antibiotics. My body has been having increasing allergic reactions to the antibiotics, and since it is not really necessary for me to be taking antibiotics through IV, it might be doing my body more harm than good. There is also a possibility that the antibiotics may have suppressed the development of white blood cells. I hope that the blood count goes up faster now that I am off antibiotics.

Nothing much happened today. I slept so poorly last night because of the rashes from the antibiotics that I spent most of the day catching up on my sleep. The family came for a visit, and we were able to plan on how to celebrate Ellie's birthday tomorrow. She's very excited about her birthday. Ellie picked out her gift, and couldn't wait to have it delivered. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how popular Zhu Zhu Pets are, so we couldn't get it in time for her birthday. According to Toys R'Us, they were flying off the shelf. The person I spoke to said they'll get their next shipment Friday morning, and to make sure I'm there in the morning because they may sell out by the afternoon. I went back to Amazon.com to get it shipped by Wednesday, but they're also sold out. We ended up ordering through an Amazon.com third party vendor. Hopefully, we'll get it delivered by Friday.

Katie lost one of her teeth tonight, and quickly reminded me that the tooth fairy still owed her money. The tooth fairy didn't have change the last time she lost her tooth, and issued an IOU. Oops! Okay, time to look for a proxy - how about Mr. Tooth Fairy? Sorry, Rob.

That's it for today. Please continue to pray that the blood cells and ANCs will go up, and that the hemoglobin won't go down too much. At this point, my oncologist may want to do another biopsy to see if I can get a shot to increase the white blood cell production. Please pray that the right decision will be made. Ideally, my blood count should go up by itself without having to have a shot, so maybe it will go up significantly enough tomorrow to rule out the need for a biopsy. We'll see.

Thank you all for your prayers and support, and may God bless you all!

3 comments:

  1. Romans 4:18-25

    Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, " So shall your offspring be."

    Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead - since he was about a hundred years old - and that Sarah's womb was also dead.

    Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised.

    This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."

    The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness - for us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

    He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

    Mark 11:24

    Therefore, I tell you,
    whatever things you ask for in pray,
    believe that you have receive it,
    and it will be yours.

    2 Kings 20:5

    ...This is what the LORD, the God of your Father David says:
    I have heard your prayer,
    I have seen your tears;
    surely i will heal you.

    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all had fun celebrating Ellie's birthday....Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Achie.

    Vic, thanks. Yes, we all had fun celebrating Ellie's birthday, and there's more celebration scheduled for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete