Thursday, August 20, 2009

8/20/09 - Another bone marrow biopsy

The highlight of the day was the bone marrow biopsy. Based on what I had to go through the first time, I was really scared of it. Thankfully, my new doctor listens and believes me when I say that I have very low pain tolerance. So, in addition to the Lidocaine, she also gave me some Morphine. The experience was so much better. I did not feel as much pain as I did the first time. I was wondering when I will start hallucinating and singing Strawberry Fields Forever. None of that. I just felt very relaxed.

I woke up from the biopsy with my friend Bessie sitting in front of me, waiting for me to wake up and to let me know that she has arroz caldo waiting for me! Yum! My first really good meal since I came into the hospital. That was quite a blessing! Thanks, Bessie!

We may know by tomorrow whether the chemo worked based on the biopsy. Please, please, please, please let the chemo work! If it did, the next biopsy will be in a week or so to see if my new cells are good. Please, please, please, please let the new cells be good cells!

That's it for today. Got some really nice calls, got to spend some time with the family, and now it is time to sleep.

Thank you for your prayers. We know it will be a long journey. And I appreciate your commitment to keep me and my family in your prayers. God bless you all.

3 comments:

  1. Psalm 33:18-22
    But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His Holy Name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in You.
    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 71:20
    Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again;
    from the depths of the earth
    you will again bring me up.
    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 121
    I lift up my eyes to the hills -
    where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the Lord,
    the Make of heaven and earth.

    He will not let your foot slip -
    He who watches over you will not slumber;
    indeed, He who watches over Israel
    will neither slumlber nor sleep.

    The Lord watches over you -
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
    the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

    The Lord will keep you from all harm -
    He will watch over your life;
    the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.
    -achie

    ReplyDelete