Monday, August 17, 2009

8/17/09 - Sleeping Beauty

My major accomplishment for today is sleeping, with frequent trips to the bathroom because of my diarrhea. I didn't realize I could sleep so much! My prince charming and my darling little "dwarves" came for a short visit, and it was back to sleep again.

I know some people tried to reach me today, but I was too tired to answer the phone. I just wanted to sleep. This was because of my low blood count, hemoglobin and platelets. They have gone down really low. Hence, the tiredness. I got 1 unit of platelets and 2 units of blood tonight, so that should give me more energy tomorrow.

I can't wait for this chicken pox and diarrhea to be over. All I had today was 2 Jellos and small piece of bread - just had no appetite. My best friend gave me a useful tip early on. She said that, during bad days (and there will be bad days), that I should remind myself that "This, too, shall pass." That helped. I also started thinking about all the things I am still thankful for, so I didn't feel so bad after that.

I received a book from a dear friend - Grace for the Moment. Thanks, Pinky! I just started reading it, but the even the title really helped. I was reminded that God's grace is sufficient for me. And that is enough for me.

Thank you all for your prayers and God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Philippians 4:8. ... whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about these things.

    ReplyDelete