Sunday, August 16, 2009

8/16/09 - Relief

The anti-viral medication is taking effect on my chicken pox. My sores are no longer as itchy as they were yesterday. I am still getting new sores on my legs, but they are not bad as the ones on my arms. I hope to get over this chicken pox in the next few days.

One thing I miss about being in the isolation room is SMILES. Everyone is required to wear a mask before entering my room. So, in the last few days, I could only see people's eyes and hear the smile in the voices, but not actually see them. I should smile at myself more often in the bathroom mirror to cheer myself up! It would be nice to get out of this room and back to a regular room soon, though.

My diarrhea got worse today. Maybe because of the cream puff I ate. That was foolish of me. Now I am paying for it. I will be wiser next time. I have learned my lesson.

It was so nice to hear my mother's voice on the phone today. I know she is the one who worries about me the most, and suffers with me as I go through this. Now that I am a mother, I can understand better what goes on in a mother's heart. I wish I could spare her the pain, but the choice is not mine to make. I am just thankful that she is a godly woman, and she knows that God will not let me go through more than I can bear.

Hearing my children's laughter as they play thumb war with each other was the highlight of my day. I love listening to their cute little voices, especially when they are laughing. We also got to watch Ratatouile on TV together. Wish I could kiss those cute little cheeks and hug them tight. Patience. Just a few more days...

Another short day for me. I slept poorly last night, so I spent most of the day sleeping to make up for it. I hope I sleep better tonight.

Please continue to pray that my chicken pox and diarrhea will go away soon, and that I will not contract any other sickness in the coming days. Also pray that the new cells growing in my body will only be good cells, and for a good night's rest. Please continue to pray for my husband and children, that they will continue to adjust well to the situation.

Thank you for your prayers and God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Val,

    I hope you still remember me, we were batchmates in DLSU. Gina told us about your condition and its good that you remain in good spirits and have a positive outlook. Rest assured that you and your family are included in our prayers. We hope for your swift recovery. God Bless you and keep smiling. - Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenn,

    Of course I still remember you. We've been through a lot together in DLSU. Thanks for the prayers.

    Val

    ReplyDelete