Friday, August 14, 2009

8/14/09 - Chemo Done

My chemo treatment ended this afternoon. Yipee! I had some diarrhea but no other side effects from the medication. The doctor already gave me antiviral IV for the chicken pox, and she said it will improve in a couple of days. Please pray that it will. This evening, I developed a low-grade fever. My immune system is really bad, so anything could go wrong. Please pray that I won't have any complications, especially when it concerns the major organs.

I had my hair cut shorter in anticipation of hair loss at Salon de Marlene. Actually, Marlene is one of our dear friends who offered to help chop off my hair in my room. I was told having it cut shorter first is lass traumatic than shaving it off in one go. Once my hair starts falling off, then we'll just shave it off. Rob and I will have matching hairdo then - how sweet!

I received beautiful flowers from work yesterday, and more beautiful flowers today from the Arcadia Rotary. How thoughtful! As much as I would like to keep them in my room, I had leave them at the nurse's station and send them home with Rob because I'm not allowed to have them in my room. I also received a funny dvd from Manolo whom I haven't seen in ages. Manolo, if you're reading this, thank you! I don't have your email address here, so I'll have to email you through our common friends. I agree with your card - laughter is the best medicine. I miss you.

Special calls from my sister and friends near and far really brightened up my day. No friends like old friends! And the best part of the day is of course seeing my hubby and little ones. Since I was transferred to an isolation unit yesterday, they had to wear masks when they enter the room. So how do I kiss those cute little cheeks now? Also can't even kiss my husband. We all just settled for hugs and virtual kisses. How proper!

I feel more tired today than usual. The doctor said this is normal and warned me that it may get worse. Please pray that all I will quickly recover from the chicken pox and diarrhea and that there won't be any more virus or bacteria coming out.

Please continue to pray for my healing, for Robert not to get too tired from the double duty, and for the girls not to miss me too much while I'm in the hospital. Thank you once again for your concern and prayers and God bless you all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tita Val. Olay here from our Pact Group days. I just learned about your leukemia today. I will include you and your family in my prayers.

    I haven't read the messages in the e-group for a long time. My father in law was sick for a month and passed away 2 days ago. Tomorrow, Saturday is the burial.

    God works in mysterious ways. I will keep you in my prayers. Ingat Tita Val.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,

    T. Ting told me,and we'll pray for your recovery. You have such a great attitude & wonderful sense of humor. When my hair fell out, I tried to have fun with scarves & earings. There are shops especially for cancer patients that sell great hats, and even the wigs are amazing these days. Some insurance companies will cover the cost of wigs.

    My best to you & your family,
    Bitbit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for the end of chemo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olay, my sincere condolences to you and your family for the passing away of your father-in-law. May God comfort you during this time of grief. Thanks for your prayers.

    Bitbit, I didn't know you had a bout with cancer. Yes, I get catalogs here for scarves and hats. I could have fun with it down the road.

    Yes, Mitch, hurray! Thanks for giving Rob suggestions on coping with my situation. It really helps.

    ReplyDelete