Saturday, August 22, 2009

8/21/09 - Biopsy Result

The biopsy result came out today. Good news is that they did not see any Leukemia cells! Not so good news is that they did see some abnormal cells. The doctor thinks that these may be normal cells that reacted to the chemo. My poor normal cells! I have so few of them left, and some turned abnormal.

Given the result, the next step would be to have another biopsy in a week or 2 when my blood count starts going up. Right now, it is still very low. That is why I am tired most of the time. I spend most of my days sleeping, eating, using the bathroom, and sleeping some more. Of course, I enjoy visits from my family and blogging to keep everyone posted. If I fail to blog for a day, that just means I was too tired and needed to rest.

I had a busy day yesterday. They got an infectious doctor on board to help figure out why my fever won't go down. So, more interviews, and also a CT scan was done to check my sinuses, chest and abdomen for infections. They found nothing in the sinuses and chest, but they did see that I had inflammation in my colon. So, more antibiotics were given. Sometimes, I feel like a walking pharmacy with all the drugs they're drowning me in. Well, they're the experts so I can only follow their lead.

I can't wait to go home. I get to go home for a little bit before my 2nd round of chemo, but the date depends on how well I get over the chicken pox, how much blood my body is able to produce, my fever, and any other complications I may have between now and then. As my doctor had warned me from the beginning, for Leukemia patients, the chemo is the easy part. It is the weeks after the chemo that could cause more problems for the patient.

Please pray that I can go home soon. And that all the new cells forming in my body are only normal cells, and that they will come out quickly. Also pray for the complete healing of my chicken pox and colon.

Thank you all for your prayers and God bless you!

4 comments:

  1. No leukemia cells - thank God! Very good news indeed! We will continue to pray for you & your family, dear Val! Ingat ka lagi...love, Nini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, no leukemia cells is the good news we're waiting for! We continue to intercede and by faith you can go home and enjoy your family.

    Ps 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:
    3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Great news indeed! Hope you get to sleep in your own bed soon. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay away from that infectious doctor, Val! Seriously, I hope the good cells win the fight. We're all rooting for them and for you.

    ReplyDelete