Saturday, August 29, 2009

8/29/09 - Patiently waiting

Another beautiful day! I got to spend time with my family, my sister, some friends and cousins. Also got to rest quite a bit, and have some good food thanks to Alvina! I am getting better everyday. My fever's gone, my platelets are very high, hemoglobin's holding steady at 7.7, and white blood count came down a bit. Overall, very promising. I may be able to go home sometime next week! I'm so excited to be able to go home soon.

The best thing that happened today was...smiles! The doctor no longer required people to wear masks when they come to the room, so I get to see beautiful smiles - from nurses, doctors, the staff, my precious girls, my husband, sister - everyone! It was so nice to see a person's complete face for a change. The smiles really lit up my day!

Please keep praying that my bone marrow will continue producing good cells, and that I will be able to go home soon. Thanks you all so much for your prayers. I know my journey was much less difficult because of all your prayers, words of encouragement and support. May God bless you all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Val, this is Nap Uy, praying for your fast recovery, just keep believing, God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, I'm glad you're feeling better !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi val,still remember me lolita co,got the news frm verna one nite while online, share with u something that might lift ur spirit, matanda na me when i learn to use computer now lang ha!ha! so can't get in touch with u guys, one x'mas 3yrs ago u sent me msg thru email i always keep that in my heart, remembering u on ur bday always, with this journey am very sure u can make it coz ur strong,am chanting for ur complete and fast recovery asap,let me share with u "FAITH ENABLES US TO SECURE ULTIMATE VICTORY. IT ENABLES US TO LIVE WITH VIGOR AND JOY AND FAITH ENABLES US TO WALK THROUGH LIFE WITH COMPLETE ASSURANCE AND CONFIDENCE UNAFRAID OF ANYTHING." this is an encouragement by Sensei Daisaku Ikeda of SGI Int'l, take care val!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nap! Thanks for your prayers. I know you also had your own challenges years ago. I'm so glad you're doing well now. Now, it's my turn.

    Csfocus (whoever you are), thanks!

    Lolita, how can I forget you? I have Leukemia, not Alzheimer's. ha! ha! Thanks for your prayers and sharing the insight.

    - Val

    ReplyDelete