Tuesday, August 18, 2009

8/18/09 - Renewed Energy

Since last night, I had 2 units of blood, 1 bag of platelets, 1 bag of anti-viral medicine, 1 bag of anibiotics, 1 bag of electrolytes (I think), x bags of maintenance fluids and maybe a bag for anti-nausea, all pushed down my veins into my body. Now, I feel much better. No longer tired like yesterday.

For those who are feeling bad for me, thinking I got poked a hundred times last night, don't feel so bad. They already put a catheter with 2 ports in my chest from day 1 of chemo to make all these easier on me and the staff. Once in a while, they still need to poke me for blood or other things, but it's not so bad. I don't feel a thing when they put all that stuff into me, or when they draw blood from me through the ports. I just feel like a borg walking around with an attachment sewn to my skin. Wish it came with 7 of 9's body, though. For non-trekkies, "7 of 9" is a borg with an oo-la-la figure.

I still have no appetite, and could hardly tolerate any of the hospital food. The only thing I enjoyed eating today were chocolates! I got another bouquet of flowers from Rob's friends that came with a cute little teddy bear doctor and a bag of chocolates. The nurses got to enjoy the flowers until Rob brought them home, my girls got to enjoy playing with the teddy bear, and I got to enjoy the chocolates! Yum! Thanks, Eric, Marco, Naz, Marilyn and Kristen!

My chicken pox is getting better, but they still couldn't figure out why I am having diarrhea. They thought it was the bacterial infection people get when going through chemo - but that was not it. Next, they will test for parasites. I hope they find the culprit soon.

In 2 days, I get my next bone marrow biopsy. Then, my next biopsy will be in another week or two. Ouch! The doctor will see how the new cells are developing. Please pray that all the cell growing in my body are only good cells! Please pray very, very hard the next several days because this is crucial. If my cells are grow out good, then all I need is more rounds of chemo - still a long process but faster and simpler. If the cells grow out bad, then I will need more chemo and bone marrow transplant. This is a more involved and riskier procedure. Please pray very hard for me the next several days.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and Gob bless you!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know what blog is. You are in our prayers everyday and will keep on praying harder.I can't find time to visit you again, Gerry started getting ready for work this week.Glad to know the chicken pox is almost over. Actually, it didn't look that bad to me, just a few spots here and there, but maybe the itchy feeling made you crazy. And now, diarrhea, it's one thing or the other but I'm pretty sure you handle it so well with always a smile in your face.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete