Monday, August 10, 2009

Prayer Requests

Please pray that I will keep my mind focused on God and to abide in Him. Please also pray for protection from the attacks of the devil. I want this to be a positive spiritual experience. That this will be an exercise in seeing God's grace despite the daunting circumstances. Note: sending me bible verses from time to time will surely help along the way.

Please pray for my family as we adjust to our new reality. For Robert, that he will not be exhausted from the double duty of being a father and mother to the kids while I am away. That his boss and coworkers will be understanding and supportive. That our faith will remain strong. That the kids will not have a hard time adjusting to my absence while I'm in the hospital. That we will not resent the circumstances or God or grow bitter if things do not happen as we had hoped. And that we will not doubt the goodness of God.

During my chemo which lasts 7 days, please pray for no side effects: fatigue, nausea, vomiting, mouth sores, pain, flu-like symptoms, constipation or diarrhea, anemia, bleeding, infection, and other less common side effects including potential problems with vital organs: kidney, liver, heart & lungs. Hair loss is inevitable with my treatment, so please pray that I will take it well when I see my beautiful shiny head. Most importantly, please pray that the chemo will wipe out the bad cells completely and no bad cells will grow back after this chemo. All things are possible with God.

After chemo, my body will be defenseless against any virus and bacteria, so I will be very susceptible to infection and other problems similar to the ones mentioned above. Please pray for protection from virus and bacteria in own body, other people and the environment. Also pray that the doctors and staff will be attentive enough to detect any problems early and the wisdom to apply the right solution.

Please pray for the doctors, nurses, aides, technicians and any other people involved in my healing. That God will grant them the wisdom to make the right decisions and the ability to execute their jobs well. That they will be an extension of God's healing grace.

Tired yet? I am. I will update this list with other prayer requests along the way as I know more about what is going on and as the need arises such as having a bone marrow transplant - it is my hope that this will not be necessary.

Thank you again for all your prayers. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment