Sunday, August 9, 2009

Introduction

Hello, everyone! As you all know, I have just started a challenging journey in my life. One that will be filled with new adventures and great challenges. I know it will be tremendously difficult for me to go on this journey all by myself, so I have asked all of you to support me along this journey with your prayers.

Robert and I put the word out as soon as it was confirmed that I have Leukemia. There was an immediate outpouring of support and offers to help and pray for our family. We were deeply touched by the love from our family, and from friends near and far. In times like these, one gets to truly appreciate the priceless and lasting gift of love. This is better than winning the lottery!

In between getting procedures done at the hospital and resting, I kept myself busy entertaining visitors, answering phone calls, emails and text messages from you. It was heart-warming to see you, hear from you and/or read what you all had to say. Your words of encouragement and wisdom, advise, jokes and laughter all make my day a lot brighter. Thank you for all for your concern, prayers and your commitment to continue praying for us. I would like to let each of you know how your prayers are being answered and update you on what is going on so that your prayers will be specific and timely, and therefore more effective. To be practical about it, I cannot call and/or write each of you about what's going on or the doctors will confiscate my laptop and strap me to my bed. So, I decided to start a blog so I can post my updates when I feel up to it, and you can read about this adventure at your leisure. It also helps me keep a journal about this extraordinary experience. Of course, I still look forward to hearing from you, but my written response may be delayed. Thank you once again for your love and your prayers for me and my family. May our journey be short and filled with wonderful adventures of the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment