Wednesday, August 26, 2009

8/26/09 - Slowly, but surely getting better

I am slowly, but surely getting better. My platelets have come back to normal levels. My skin rash from the chicken pox and allergic reaction to the medications have been clearing up fast. My abdomen and colon seems to be improving. My white blood count has not improved from yesterday, and my hemoglobin is still very low, but this is normal because my bone marrow got knocked out big time, so it needs time to get back on its feet and start doing its job effectively. Once the blood count comes back to acceptable levels, I can go home! I am so excited about it!

My sister, Verna, has been preparing a special tea to help me get better, and I really appreciate all the help I can get to recover from my state. She will get her blood drawn tomorrow to see if she is my cell match. Ayayayayay! I hate having her go through all the trouble on my account.

A pastor and his wife visited me at the hospital today. I was touched by their concern, even if I do not to to their church. They even gave me some advise about my insurance. They had quite a bit of experience in the area, and also knew people who had Leukemia who easily used up their $2M insurance cap. Our insurance is capped at $1M. Little did I know how quickly we can blow through it with Leukemia treatments. Boy, when it rains, it pours! But I trust that God will pave the way for us to be able to deal with all of these things, like sending the pastor and his wife to warn us ahead of time so we can do something about it.

My hair is falling like crazy. It's kinda funny to see how it it just shows up everywhere. I am glad they mop the floor and change the sheets everyday or the floor may become "carpeted" with my hair. I still have hair left, and it doesn't bother me so much - at least not yet. I don't see my scalp yet, so it's not so bad. Right now, it's not my biggest concern.

This is it for today. I thank you again for your prayers and support, and may God bless you all!

6 comments:

  1. Ephesians 3:16-21

    I pray that out of His glorious riches
    He may strengthen you with power
    through His Spirit in your inner being,
    so that Christ may dwell in your hearts
    through faith.

    And i pray that you,
    being rooted and established in love,
    may have power,
    together with all the saints,
    to grasp how wide and
    long and high and
    deep is the love of Christ,
    and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

    Now to Him who is able
    to do immeasurably more
    than all we ask or imagine,
    according to His power
    that is at work within us,
    to Him be glory in the church and
    in Christ Jesus
    throughout all generations,
    forever and ever!
    Amen.

    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,

    God is always looking out for you. The pastor and his wife are more of His guardian angels to watch over you.

    Stay strong. God loves you very much.

    Take care.
    Rayms and Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,

    Re: Insurance issue.
    Should your cap be $1 Million this is good for the calendar year and the calendar year has 4 months left you should be good, don't worry. That was the same concern in our case for Richie 10 years ago and the social worker educate us on this issue.

    The road is going to be rough, but with your faith in GOD will always see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    Be Strong and get well,
    Richard and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Val,

    I'm glad to hear about the signs of improvement. Healing takes some time but it will come. You're in the good mighty hands of the Lord.


    Ps 27:14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi val, i've been reading your post and praying everyday. we are the closest to God when we're at our lowest. gives new meaning to the words "i'm on my knees". and the world becomes different in your eyes. you bless us as we bless you with your strength, humor, wisdom and faith.

    there's a song from the 90's.

    "i lift my eyes up to the mountains
    where does my help comes from
    my help comes from you
    maker of heaven
    creator of the world

    oh how i need you Lord
    You are my only hope
    You’re my only prayer
    So I will wait for You
    To come and rescue me
    Come and give me life"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val! It is reassuring that God sends us messages through different ways and people. There is sooo much love that will see you through this. Keep the faith, remain strong. We love you and will continue to pray for you. Take it easy!-- Geegee

    ReplyDelete