Friday, August 28, 2009

8/28/09 - Hallelujah!

My bone marrow did a wonderful thing. It increased my white blood count from 0.4 to 0.8! That's remarkable! My hemoglobin also went up to 7.7 today. Also wonderful news. The doctor thinks that things are certainly moving in the right direction, and that I should be able to go home soon. We just have to wait for the white blood cells to go up further. Much thanks to everyone who have been praying for me, and for my bone marrow to get up and do its thing.

Last night, I was thinking of the story of how Jesus raised the girl and Lazarus from the dead. It is nothing for Him to wake up my bone marrow to start producing the cells - is anything too difficult for Him? I believe that if we ask anything in His name, according to His will, He will grant our requests. Sometimes, we're just too shy to ask for much because of our limited view of God or other reasons. Let us come boldly to His throne knowing that our Father only has our best interest at heart, and will give us anything we ask for if we ask for the right reasons and according to His will.

Another beautiful day in my world. I got to spend precious time with my family, my sister, and my best friend here. Also got a box of Leonidas chocolates from Rob's coworkers! Yum! Can't wait to go to food paradise soon. I am a hopeless foodie!

In my room with a view, I get to see the news live right outside my window. I shudder seeing the fire and smoke come out of the mountains and how they spread so quickly. I also saw the helicopters and planes flying back and forth with water to put out the fire, but making very little impact. I could only ask for God's mercy that nobody will get hurt or die from the fires. So far, I have not heard of any.

That's it for today. Please continue to pray that my bone marrow will continue producing good cells and that I will be able to go home soon. Thank you all for your prayers and concern, and may God bless you all!

8 comments:

  1. Because Jesus lives, we will live too! He is able to do exceedingly abundantly ABOVE all that we ask or think.

    2Co 13:4 For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news! * doing the dance of joy! *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,

    This is Mike Lim. I heard about your situation from Willie. Will keep praying for your speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers! Very uplifting indeed. Thank you Lord for helping us keep our faith in You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psalm 103:1

    Praise the Lord, O my soul;
    all my inmost being,
    praise His holy name.

    Psalm 146:5-6

    Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
    whose hope is in the Lord his God.
    the Maker of heaven and earth,
    the sea, and everything in them-
    the Lord, who remains faithful forever.

    -achie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus replied,"I tell you the truth,if you have faith and do not doubt,not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain,"Go,throw yourself into the sea,and it will be done. If you believe,you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:21-22

    Di-Tzi (",)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Val! We praise God for his unfailing goodness! You are a blessing to me, dear friend. Malapit na, makakatulog ka na ulit sa sariling bed mo, konti na lang...love, Nini

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Vic! Very encouraging.

    Mitch, I'm joining you in your dance of joy!

    Mike, thanks for the prayers. Hope all is well with you.

    Amen, Malou!

    Achie and Di-tzi, thanks for the beautiful verses!

    The feeling is mutual, Nini. You are a blessing to me, too. Malapit na nga... akong makalbo! Konti nalang... ang buhok ko. ha! ha! ha! Malapit na ring umuwi - yey!

    - Val

    ReplyDelete